Thursday, September 10, 2026

Pretending I have someone to chat with. Totally superfluous crap.

Today I read about someone turning off their algorithm and decided to do the same. Turns out I'd have to get on instagram in order to have an algorithym to turn off and so far I had avoided those newer "social aides". I wish that power  was available on search engines. (Does wish in this case force were rather than was?)  I do recall that when Bobby fixed my search engine to avoid AI, all my feeds were FU and I couldn't access things I wanted. So, Big shots win again. Also, reading only the headlines on the Guardian is more than enough information about what the press considers news today. The Guardian seems to me to have the most informative headlines rather than clic bait. Yeah, I know. Not!  Added benefit, at least I get a daily,  at least I read the news, hit. An addiction I acquired as a child sitting at our lime green formica topped kitchen table reading the morning newspaper from cover to cover. That's all. Just more meaningless chit chat. 
  I soon realized I had nothing to do with the gel prints, just pile after pile of colored tissue paper or what ever kind of paper I print it on. That was truly depressing. I thought I had found something to interest me all the way to the end.  The first thrill was gone. I sat around on the couch desperatly reading. Kindle and the library, my saviors. Anything. Someone else's words to focus on so I don't think and ruminate and get scared. That was over a week. The lobby is closed, god knows when it will open again. I have to go outside and in another entrance to get mail or do laundry. Mail is okay, but balancing the laundry on the walker while going up and down curbs is hard.  I have yet to do it. I may just buy new underwear. I have no idea where the card players have gone and no energy to go hunt them.
I let myself be and sort of waited. Suddenly, this morning I realized what to do with this new toy. I have organized my supplies accordingly and have begun. * I feel like I felt when I was covering the boxes with magazine pictures. I have finished with one of the canvases Kelly brought me. I am on my way. Phew. Glad that period has passed. Thoreau was wrong. The admonition should read, "Never begin a new enterprise before rearranging the furniture."

4 comments:

davidly said...

I'd go with "I wish it were" in keeping with my tic.

alslee said...

Thanks Dip

Anonymous said...

I laughed at least three times during this post. I frowned only once.

KiKiDo said...

That Anonymous comment was mine.

Once upon a time...